Saturday, November 27, 2010

C.J. OK, wants to play tonight

Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute right winger C.J. Lee was back at the Houston Field House rink late Saturday morning, out of the hospital and showing no sign of the head and neck injury he received on Friday night in a 6-5 victory over Connecticut.
"I just had a little headache this morning," Lee said. "I feel like I could play tonight but that's not going to happen. I have a little concussion."
Lee said sitting in the stands tonight and watching his teammates battle Bowling Green for the championship of the 60th Annual Rensselaer Holiday Tournament will be much more painful for him.
"Yeah, that will be tough," he said. "I want to play. I'll be wanting to jump over the boards and get in there. I'm just glad the boys came back and pulled it out last night.
Rensselaer twice trailed by two goals on Friday night, was behind 4-3 when Lee was injured -- the game was delayed 12 minutes while he was attended to -- and tied the game 38 seconds after play resumed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home